From: "Chris L. Mason" <clmason@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] status update for this week
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 12:01:12
On 9/9/06, Grobian <grobian@g.o> wrote:
> Thanks all for the support. I'm very happy to be able to tell that I > was able to emerge system on my OSX box (ppc) as well. I bumped the > apple-gcc to the latest version (not even in Tiger) and applied some > patches here and there. Most of it just worked. I updated the wiki > that the perl issue is no longer there. At least, it worked for me with > the latest versions and stuff. > > At the moment Vim 7 compilation is smoking my CPU, which is a nice sign > that prefix works! > I'm very very interested to see if we can get this prefix stuff to work > on x86-macos too. It would require some keywording, but in principle > not too much hassle, I'd say. Unfortunately I don't have an x86 OSX > box, so you'll have to help me there. >
Okay, the bootstrapping still fails on intel OS X because of a comparision failure between stage 2 and 3 when building gcc. But by changing the line: m ake ${MAKEOPTS} bootstrap-lean || exit 1 to make ${MAKEOPTS} || exit 1 it works. When I try to emerge system, I get: !!! INVALID ACCEPT_KEYWORDS: x86-macos !!! INVALID ACCEPT_KEYWORDS: ~x86-macos I'm going to try manually emerge'ing and keywording a bunch of stuff and let you know how it goes. Chris -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] status update for this week Grobian <grobian@g.o>