From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] Verbose info regarding 2.1.11 Linux install.
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:07:44
1 On Mar 21, 2006, at 11:49 PM, m h wrote:
2
3 > On 3/22/06, Kito <kito@g.o> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> On Mar 21, 2006, at 11:07 PM, m h wrote:
6 >>
7 >>>>>
8 >>>>> Any hints on how to get gcc installed?
9 >>>>>
10 >>>>
11 >>>> One option would be installing pycrypto via rpm and adding to
12 >>>> package.provided. Another would be to try getting python and
13 >>>> pycrypto
14 >>>> installed via emerge. It must've been the python eclass looking in
15 >>>> the hardcoded prefixed path for the python shared lib.
16 >>>>
17 >>>
18 >>> Installed pycrypto via the rpm and updated the digests. GCC still
19 >>> failed with the same error.
20 >>>
21 >>> Should I try to install a different gcc? Copy over the gcc binaries
22 >>> from an existing gentoo install? (Would this even work)?
23 >>
24 >> Which versions and use flags are you trying? Is it just the SSP thats
25 >> failing?
26 >
27 > Here's my USE flags:
28 > USE="x86 X alsa apm arts avi berkdb bitmap-fonts crypt cups dri eds
29 > emboss encode foomaticdb fortran gdbm gif gnome gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2
30 > imlib ipv6 jpeg kde libg++ libwww mad mikmod motif mp3 mpeg ncurses
31 > nls ogg oggvorbis opengl oss pam pdflib perl png python qt quicktime
32 > readline sdl spell ssl tcpd truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts vorbis
33 > xml2 xmms xv zlib elibc_glibc kernel_linux userland_GNU"
34 >
35 > I assume you're asking about the versions of ebuilds for gcc? I'm
36 > using the portage tree that the wiki points to.
37
38 Sorry, I haven't used the vanilla gcc yet, just the apple branch. Can
39 you paste the output of emerge -pev gcc please?
40
41 Fabian do you have any advice on a Fedora bootstrap? I've only tested
42 prefix on Gentoo/ppc, which is probably cheating ;)
43
44 --Kito
50 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list