From: "P.A.A." <adijedi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Current status
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 18:10:21
Dear Friends,

Gentoo on OSX totally rocks :)  As one who has extensively used both DP
& F, and who has [through unusual & controversial means] hack-ported
Imendio's Planner to Darwin (see the Fink & Imendio mailing lists for
great controversy), it seems to me that Gentoo is the Way ... I'm
planning, in humility, to offer to help in the emerging :)  (will email
you soon, Hasan Khalil), ... to integrate linux with OSX is like a
dream :)

Alessandra & Assoc. Intl.
Dallas * Ft. Worth, Texas  U.S.A.
(214) 335-0278

On Jul 31, 2005, at 12:41 AM, Hasan Khalil wrote:

> > On Jul 31, 2005, at 24:28, Kito wrote: > >> On Jul 31, 2005, at 12:05 AM, Hasan Khalil wrote: >> >>> Seriously, though, I wouldn't say that installing/using Gentoo for >>> Mac OS X would void any support requests. All of your points stand, >>> but I just think that your 'semantics' are a bit harder than the >>> reality. :) >> >> Tell an apple support rep you have installed custom software in >> /System and /usr and let me know the response ;) hint: have your OS X >> install media handy > > Been there, done that. They didn't say anything about having to > reinstall. To tell the truth, they treated me better once they knew I > wasn't another Dumb User(tm). Only done it once, though, so I may have > just been lucky. Please share any relevant personal experiences you > have. > >> As a side note...I've been poking around the portage cvs, and its >> very repo you think the fink and DP folks will get >> upset when we start emerging fink and DP ports? ;) > > Not sure I understood you correctly. Do you mean to say that we'd be > able to use fink and DP repos and have portage understand them? > Obviously, using their repos would be pretty useless for the most > part, but it'd still be an interesting exercise in abuse of portage > features. > > -- > > Hasan Khalil > eBuild and Porting Co-Lead > Gentoo for Mac OS X >

File name MIME type
PGP.sig application/octet-stream