From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Re: Prefix tree locaiton
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 08:03:51
On 25-08-2006 13:50:24 -0700, Christopher Chan wrote:
> I'll ask a dumb question, what's a git repo?
GIT is yet another version control system. However, git belongs to the ones that are designed for distributed collabrative work, or something. It allows local commits on local branches, while being able to "pull" in the changes on the once "imported" branches and "roll-forward" those changes to your local branches. It is also possible to push your changes to the external repositories, which I want to use for updating the SVN tree. In a git local branch I can easily diff with the CVS mainline tree (without it changing under my feet) and merge over the changes to the SVN tree, via the local GIT branch. At least, that's the idea :)