From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] Freeze of the prefixed portage tree
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 02:37:49
On Mar 22, 2006, at 12:03 PM, Grobian wrote:

> On 22-03-2006 11:26:24 -0600, Kito wrote: >> FINE! I'll start checking in the portage changes to svn. That >> being said, in >> case any of you are in the habit of running the svn version, it'll >> be broken >> for a bit. >> >>> I can help with changing ebuilds/eclasses, as I'm currently in a >>> fight >>> with binutils, gcc and glibc anyway.
Ok, I've done what 'looked' right in svn, but I haven't touched binutils-config yet.
!!! The tree is from now on UNFROZEN !!! woot.
> > Please DO NOT commit to the prefixed portage tree to allow those that > develop on prefixed portage to change the tree and test whether it > works > as expected.
Ok, its ready for testing now. A few notes: • the --with-rootuid option to configure has been removed, just use --with-rootuser • If you have an existing prefix install, you will have to upgrade portage manually from the tarball[1]. See the wiki[2] for quick pseudo-instructions. • If you have the hack in bashrc to append PREFIX to ROOT, take it out. ROOT should behave correctly now. • The portage ebuild will respect the following envvars: --with-user=${PORTAGE_USER:-portage} \ --with-group=${PORTAGE_GROUP:-portage} \ --with-rootuser=${PORTAGE_INST_USER:-root} \ --with-wheelgid=${PORTAGE_INST_GID:-0} \ --with-offset-prefix=${EPREFIX} • ${EDEST} is the package build image dir, without the appended prefix • ${EPREFIX} is the 'offset-prefix' i.e. /opt/gentoo, /Library/Gentoo • ${ROOT} in ebuilds should handle ${EPREFIX} transparently • The current portage snapshot is using the experimental Manifest2 format.