From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] Freeze of the prefixed portage tree
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 18:04:21
On 22-03-2006 11:26:24 -0600, Kito wrote:
> FINE! I'll start checking in the portage changes to svn. That being said, in > case any of you are in the habit of running the svn version, it'll be broken > for a bit. > > >I can help with changing ebuilds/eclasses, as I'm currently in a fight > >with binutils, gcc and glibc anyway. > > Ok, why don't you keep all your changes local and we'll try to > coordinate a big atomic commit this weekend perhaps?
Ok, this is an official warning to all people using the prefixed portage tree: !!! The tree is from now on FROZEN !!! Please DO NOT commit to the prefixed portage tree to allow those that develop on prefixed portage to change the tree and test whether it works as expected. Kito will coordinate this process and he will decide when the tree gets unfrozen again. For all questions, urgent matters, etc. contact kito. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list