From: Sylvain OBEGI <katios@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Current status & KDE for Gentoo OS/X
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 02:08:33
Finn Thain a écrit :
> > On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Sylvain OBEGI wrote: > > >>Hello, I've been following the Gentoo OS/X project for quite some time, >>but I've been lagging behind in the mailing list reading process until >>now. Just to give my 2 cents in a few sentences, it seems lots of >>efforts have been put recently in some political discussions which >>unfortunatly were aborted before reaching a final (constructive) >>decision (couldn't even find some proposed drafts), that's too bad for a >>project which seems very interesting. > > > The leadership discussion is ongoing under the auspices of gentoo-alt, and > its ML.
Okay, haven't seen any mention of alt on this list, I suppose someone will keep us updated once any decision is made
>>In short, more visibility would be nice IMHO. Talking about visibility, >>is the os/x port doc linked from somewhere on the site? I >>could only find it via google, but it may be because it's almort 2 in >>the morning. > > > There is some more info at -> projects -> gentoo-alt -> > subprojects -> macos.
Ouch, ok. I wish there was some link on the standard install docs page because I can't imagine people non-familiar with structure to be able to find that one. Thanks for the info anyway
>>Now, about KDE, has anyone made any work in trying to have a functionnal >>version for OS/X, either with QT/Mac or (more probably) X11? Fink does >>it (see, so I guess theorically Gentoo >>OS/X could, too. If anyone needs a tester for that... > > > I gather that qt works under ~ppc-macos... maybe you should try to build > some of the other deps as well.
Okay, so I guess noboby really tried it. I asked before trying by myself because it's long to compile, and I saw on a KDE on OS/X guide mentionned on /. and OSNews some days ago that it was better to not use Apple X11 (but it was fink packages, so maybe it's different here). Anyway, I'll try and report any problems, if someone ever want to tackle them.
> -f
-- Sylvain OBEGI -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] Current status & KDE for Gentoo OS/X Grobian <grobian@g.o>