From: Sylvain OBEGI <katios@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Current status & KDE for Gentoo OS/X
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 02:08:33
1 Finn Thain a écrit :
2 >
3 > On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, Sylvain OBEGI wrote:
6 >>Hello, I've been following the Gentoo OS/X project for quite some time,
7 >>but I've been lagging behind in the mailing list reading process until
8 >>now. Just to give my 2 cents in a few sentences, it seems lots of
9 >>efforts have been put recently in some political discussions which
10 >>unfortunatly were aborted before reaching a final (constructive)
11 >>decision (couldn't even find some proposed drafts), that's too bad for a
12 >>project which seems very interesting.
15 > The leadership discussion is ongoing under the auspices of gentoo-alt, and
16 > its ML.
17
18 Okay, haven't seen any mention of alt on this list, I suppose someone
19 will keep us updated once any decision is made
20
21 >>In short, more visibility would be nice IMHO. Talking about visibility,
22 >>is the os/x port doc linked from somewhere on the gentoo.org site? I
23 >>could only find it via google, but it may be because it's almort 2 in
24 >>the morning.
27 > There is some more info at www.gentoo.org -> projects -> gentoo-alt ->
28 > subprojects -> macos.
29
30 Ouch, ok. I wish there was some link on the standard install docs page
31 because I can't imagine people non-familiar with gentoo.org structure to
32 be able to find that one. Thanks for the info anyway
33
34 >>Now, about KDE, has anyone made any work in trying to have a functionnal
35 >>version for OS/X, either with QT/Mac or (more probably) X11? Fink does
36 >>it (see http://ranger.befunk.com/blog/), so I guess theorically Gentoo
37 >>OS/X could, too. If anyone needs a tester for that...
40 > I gather that qt works under ~ppc-macos... maybe you should try to build
41 > some of the other deps as well.
42
43 Okay, so I guess noboby really tried it. I asked before trying by myself
44 because it's long to compile, and I saw on a KDE on OS/X guide
45 mentionned on /. and OSNews some days ago that it was better to not use
46 Apple X11 (but it was fink packages, so maybe it's different here).
47 Anyway, I'll try and report any problems, if someone ever want to tackle
48 them.
49
50 > -f
54 Sylvain OBEGI