From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Current status
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 08:05:41
On 31. Jul 2005, at 6:34 Uhr, Kito wrote:

>> In the future we will support installing everything to some location, >> for example '/opt/gentoo', to provide the best of both worlds. In the >> meanwhile, the default (collision-protect) profile sounds like what >> you're after; Apple-provided files are not allowed to be overwritten >> when this profile is in use (there is a bug open on symlinks being >> overwritten, but that is being taken care of and is a fairly isolated >> situation). > > I think Fink and/or DarwinPorts are more what hes after ;)
Maybe you're right, Fink and DarwinPorts are shurely what i should be after, but i'm not. I'm using fink but i don't know enough of it to really work with it. And i don't want to get t know it much more because i'm more interested in gentoo. I use gentoo on all my "workstations and servers" and i can't wait to use it on my iBook. I'm difficult, i know. -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list