From: Armando Di Cianno <armando@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Re: Prefix tree locaiton
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:44:11
On Aug 17, 2006, at 3:18 PM, Grobian wrote:

> On 17-08-2006 13:25:14 -0400, Armando Di Cianno wrote: > > Armando!!!!!!!!!! > > (you don't know me, but I DO feel aquintanced with you, hahahaha ... > GNUstep)
... oh, did you take over the GNUstep ebuilds? If so, good. It's not something I wanted to drop, but I found I was fixing more GNUstep bugs, than writing ebuilds, and then life got in the way ...
>> Conceivably, this method could also be used to host a prefix-enabled >> portage ebuild tree, that we /could/ submit back to, and then >> "official" devs could update the diffs themselves. > > In the spirit of the much criticised Sunrise, I wouldn't really "care" > if someone set up a central repo where non-devs commit their stuff in, > and that I periodically pull over all changes. I have the bandwith > available to host it myself (would make it even easier to do the > sync I > suppose) but not the machine at the moment. (Need to do a lot of > painting etc. anyway too, so I can't set it up soon.) > > I'd be very very very happy if we could get some movement here, so if > you folks can start, please do! I will help wherever that is > possible.
It would be helpful to have read access to, or at least daily snapshots of, all pertinent resources. Firstly, the prefix-enabled portage. Secondly, I'm not sure if a prefix-enabled ebuild tree was started or not, but if it's needed I can help set one up on one of my servers, or *shudder* on my dreamhost account, otherwise, access to the current one would be great. Can this be arranged fairly quickly? __armando -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] Re: Prefix tree locaiton Grobian <grobian@g.o>