From: Armando Di Cianno <armando@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Re: Prefix tree locaiton
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:44:11
1 On Aug 17, 2006, at 3:18 PM, Grobian wrote:
2
3 > On 17-08-2006 13:25:14 -0400, Armando Di Cianno wrote:
4 >
5 > Armando!!!!!!!!!!
6 >
7 > (you don't know me, but I DO feel aquintanced with you, hahahaha ...
8 > GNUstep)
9
10 ... oh, did you take over the GNUstep ebuilds? If so, good. It's
11 not something I wanted to drop, but I found I was fixing more GNUstep
12 bugs, than writing ebuilds, and then life got in the way ...
13
14 >> Conceivably, this method could also be used to host a prefix-enabled
15 >> portage ebuild tree, that we /could/ submit back to, and then
16 >> "official" devs could update the diffs themselves.
17 >
18 > In the spirit of the much criticised Sunrise, I wouldn't really "care"
19 > if someone set up a central repo where non-devs commit their stuff in,
20 > and that I periodically pull over all changes. I have the bandwith
21 > available to host it myself (would make it even easier to do the
22 > sync I
23 > suppose) but not the machine at the moment. (Need to do a lot of
24 > painting etc. anyway too, so I can't set it up soon.)
25 >
26 > I'd be very very very happy if we could get some movement here, so if
27 > you folks can start, please do! I will help wherever that is
28 > possible.
29
30 It would be helpful to have read access to, or at least daily
31 snapshots of, all pertinent resources. Firstly, the prefix-enabled
32 portage. Secondly, I'm not sure if a prefix-enabled ebuild tree was
33 started or not, but if it's needed I can help set one up on one of my
34 servers, or *shudder* on my dreamhost account, otherwise, access to
35 the current one would be great.
36
37 Can this be arranged fairly quickly?
38