From: Marcin Gabrowski <gaber@×××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Back to trying PREFIX on Linux
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 01:52:57
1 Hi.
2
3 On 2006-03-03, at 01:51, m h wrote:
4 >> Yeah, I started running it on my ppc/linux machine. The strict path
5 >> handling from before is now optional, so bootstrapping should be a
6 >> lot easier if you want to use the host systems toolchain. Still
7 >> haven't committed proper profiles for anything but os x yet
8 >> though....SOON! The prefix tree should operate standalone now as
9 >> well, so I now recommend setting it as your PORTDIR and not an
10 >> overlay.
11 >
12 > Awesome! Is there a bootstrap script/instructions lying around
13 > somewhere?
14
15 I tried to eliminate constant value of PREFIX in .pkg on OSX. I
16 thing, that good way export this variable is exporting its as system
17 env, not in file.
18 Default pkg installs Gentoo in /Library/Gentoo, which in not exacly
19 what I want.
20
21 >>> For that matter
22 >>> what is the status of PREFIX on Mac?
23 >>
24 >> I've been a little busy with workwork, so I haven't spent too much
25
26 I've started job in new company, so working slow down.
27
28 gaber
31 gg: 2600 [nowy] ripe: mg3051 jid: gaber/gentoo.pl http://gabrowski.pl/

PGP.sig application/pgp-signature