From: Armando Di Cianno <armando@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] status update for this week
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 22:10:34
1 On Sep 9, 2006, at 5:10 PM, Grobian wrote:
2
3 > Thanks all for the support. I'm very happy to be able to tell that I
4 > was able to emerge system on my OSX box (ppc) as well. I bumped the
5 > apple-gcc to the latest version (not even in Tiger) and applied some
6 > patches here and there. Most of it just worked. I updated the wiki
7 > that the perl issue is no longer there. At least, it worked for me
8 > with
9 > the latest versions and stuff.
10 >
11 > At the moment Vim 7 compilation is smoking my CPU, which is a nice
12 > sign
13 > that prefix works!
14 > I'm very very interested to see if we can get this prefix stuff to
15 > work
16 > on x86-macos too. It would require some keywording, but in principle
17 > not too much hassle, I'd say. Unfortunately I don't have an x86 OSX
18 > box, so you'll have to help me there.
19
20 I'm on x86-macos, I'll update and test again when I can. Things
21 seems quite promising in my tests already.
22
23 __armando