From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Cc: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Attempt to use prefix on linux as secondary...
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 02:35:39
1 On Dec 14, 2005, at 5:21 PM, m h wrote:
2
3 > Kito/others who may be interested--
4 >
5 > This probably belongs in alt-gentoo, but since it seems like half the
6 > posts there are flames, I thought I'd post here.
9 Alas...
12 > I can't run the emerge command yet (not running as root),
13
14 I haven't tested this yet...what errors are you getting?
15
16 Whats in svn is working again, theres also a snapshot at http://
17 dev.gentoo.org/~kito/distfiles/portage-prefix-2.0.54.tar.bz2
18
19 Give that a shot see if you have any better luck.
20
21 > but I
22 > thought I'd post what I've done since others might find it useful. I
23 > can also put this on the wiki if necessary.
24 > It'd be nice to have
25 > general directions on how to setup a prefixed environment that are
26 > specific to any os (mac,linux, etc).
27
28 Yeah, still all on the todo list, feel free to at least copy and
29 paste your notes to the wiki page.
32 > I'd also like feedback/suggestions. A question I have is if it is ok
33 > to just use the /etc directory from a stage1? Do I need anything
34 > else?
35
36 for now, to be compatible with ebuilds that tinker with things in
37 ROOT I have been putting` [[ "${EBUILD_PHASE/install}" != "$
38 {EBUILD_PHASE}" ]] && export ROOT="${ROOT}${PREFIX}"` in ${PREFIX}/
39 etc/portage/bashrc
40
41 Thats just a hack obviously, but remember the focus here is mostly on
42 the ebuilds and how to minimize the necessary modifications.
43
44 --Kito
45 --
46 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list