From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
Cc: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] Re: Attempt to use prefix on linux as secondary...
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:17:10
1 Thanks everyone for there responses.
2 I'm now re-working my effort into a script (hopefully this can be
3 generalized so that others can use it).
4
5 There are a few dependencies for the script:
6 1) Toolsbox
7 2) Prefixed portage
8 3) ebuild tree (including profile)
9 4) Settings (/etc files)
10 5) Virtual filesystem (/etc, /usr/, /var, etc that will reside under
11 the PREFIX directory)
12
13 I have questions with 3-5.
14 Kito has an ebuild tree, which I can use for 3. But his profile is
15 Darwin specific. He said I will need to make my own profile. But
16 where do I get the profile to start from? I have a gentoo
17 installation I can copy it from, but I'm trying to ask is where this
18 is stored in svn... Wait, Kito said it wasn't stored, so how is it
19 derived? I'm just trying to understand the process here.
20
21 Regarding 4-5. Is it ok to just take this from a stage1? If so, then
22 this will be arch specific (which is fine, I'm just noting that). Is
23 5 even necessary or will portage just add needed directories along the
24 way?
25
26 Will post my script later....
29 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list