From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Automake 1.7.0 & KDE Packages
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:43:01
1 On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 10:24:19PM +0100, Sylvain OBEGI wrote:
2 > Hi
3 > QT is installing fine but I can't install any KDE packages as they ask
4 > for >=automake-1.7.0 and OS X provides 1.6. What's the correct way to
5 > handle that to try to install kate & konqueror without messing up the
6 > system?
7 > Thanks
8
9 I'm affraid the short answer that satisfies all of your conditions for
10 the moment is "not". You cannot install a newer version of automake
11 without colliding with system provided files. Best thing might be to
12 use fink's automake, or mess with installing automake yourself in an
13 alternative location and patch up your path or the ebuilds to use/find
14 your new automake earlier than the system provided one.
17 Fabian Groffen
18 Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- Interim Lead
19 --
20 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list