From: Zac <drivintin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] status update for this week
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 18:19:02
1 thanks for all your work. there are a lot of us here that are mostly silent
2 but are excited about running gentoo on OS X, REALLY excited.
3
4 Zac
5
6 On 9/8/06, Grobian <grobian@g.o> wrote:
7 >
8 > On 06-09-2006 11:20:26 +0200, Grobian wrote:
9 > > I updated some stuff in the tree, and I hope to have a running x86 linux
10 > > system again (with Vim 7!) at the end of the week... but no promises!
11 >
12 > Ok, I MADE IT! Hehehe.... both system and world emerged, updated lots
13 > of packages to their latest versions, and squashed a lot of bugs.
14 >
15 > In particular:
16 > - gcc-config and binutils-config now work with prefix (i.e. they allow
17 > to switch/set compiler/linker, wrappers know about prefix)
18 > - I think I finally "got it right" with the toolchain (diffs are more
19 > minimal now)
20 > - everything is committed to the prefix (svn) tree
21 >
22 > I did everything on my amd athlon64 dual core machine (greatly speeds up
23 > the process :)) running Fedora Gore 5, no-multilib (or at least that was
24 > the intention, maybe I failed and do have multilib now).
25 > The package.provided profile I have to check in somewhere, I think I'm
26 > gonna make subdirs in the profile directory under the right
27 > architecture.
28 >
29 > --
30 > Fabian Groffen