From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Cc: Lina Catherine Pezzella <lina.pezzella@×××××.edu>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Some Introduction
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 00:17:22
On Aug 8, 2005, at 6:36 PM, Hasan Khalil wrote:

> We would like to hold an election for the positions that we have > been more-or-less filling unofficially, as the new metastructure > suggests. We would like to be candidates for Operation Lead (Lina) > and Strategic Lead (Hasan).
I was wondering how long it was going to take you guys.... Who gets to vote in this election? Shouldn't the entire Gentoo dev team have some input? Shouldn't this wait until after the council elections are finished? What will change once you two have been elected? You should also probably address the fact that there is still a strategic lead in place (pvdabeel) before deciding amongst yourselves to hold an election... I know titles can be fun and addictive, but I'm not sure declaring an election to lead a team of 4 people, when 2 of them are basically jointly running, is the Right Thing(tm) at this point in time... yes the project needs leadership but this smells a little funny. --Kito -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] Some Introduction Grobian <grobian@g.o>