From: Finn Thain <fthain@××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] OSX version
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:39:36
1 On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Grobian wrote:
4 > > I would like to point out that we have the potential for all the same
5 > > kinds of issues as a merged x86/amd46 team would have, regarding
6 > > binary incompatibility and keywording. Not the the extent of that
7 > > team, but difficulties none the less.
8 >
9 > I agree, but this problem should to a certain extend be solved by using
10 > portage provided versions of programs yet supplied by the OS. I
11 > personally think that for now we can get away with primarily looking at
12 > OSX Tiger.
13
14 I'm curious, is this really a binary compatibility issue, or just a
15 portability problem in libsigsegv?
16
17 -f
18 --