From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] some portage-prefix patches
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 12:05:23
1 Have done more tests now without some patches:
2
3 On Tue, 2006-08-01 at 17:53 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
4 <snip>
5 > > > [05-checked-binaries.patch] (normal)
6 > > > Use the binaries figured out by configure for
7 > > sandbox/bash/mv/prelink.
8 > >
9 > > No, we want a path lookup for those to have some flexibility,
10 > > especially
11 > > for bash.
12 >
13 > Can't remember what the real issue was to me, will do some more testing
14 > without this patch.
15
16 The test for variable 'sandbox_capable' in portage_exec.py relies on
17 having full path in SANDBOX_BINARY, otherways portage always spits
18 red("!!! Problem with sandbox binary. Disabling...\n\n")
19
20 Path-lookup seems to work for bash & mv, did not use prelink yet.
23 > > > [09-wget-bootstrap.patch] (minor)
24 > > > Use the wget found by configure, not PREFIX/usr/bin/wget per default
25 > > in
26 > > > make.globals. This makes bootstrap easier.
27 > >
28 > > I do not see how, given that we bootstrap wget too.
29 >
30 > Ditto.
31
32 I do bootstrapping into a separate bootstrap-prefix, giving portage a
33 completely different '--with-offset-prefix' than it is installed into.
34 Thus the make.globals setting won't point to a real existing wget
35 without this patch, and I'd have to create an extra entry in make.conf,
36 potentially to be forgotten to be removed after 'emerge system' for the
37 empty domain-prefix.
38
39 -haubi-
40 --
41 Michael Haubenwallner SALOMON Automation GmbH
42 Forschung & Entwicklung A-8114 Friesach bei Graz
43 mailto:michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at http://www.salomon.at
44 No HTML/MIME please, see http://expita.com/nomime.html
47 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list