From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Re: Documentation Update
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 07:59:58
Sorry to start from scratch again... but:

Section 3 (Using CVS)
Although this section itself is ok, it some sort of comes out of the blue.
 Why the hell whould I want to use CVS?  What is CVS anyway?  I feel it
needs a little introduction like:

>>> begin
It is possible to use a CVS version of the portage tree. This is not recommended for average users, and only required for developers. <<< end Where the hell is this necessary for anyway? A developer will know (s)he needs CVS in order to do something, right? I feel developer information is somehow misplaced on a end-user document. Perhaps we better move it into a page on the wiki. By the way, I remember that I first checked out the tree on my /Volumes/Scratch partition which is HFS+. I never experienced any problem with it... On Fri, August 12, 2005 04:42, Hasan Khalil wrote:
> > On Aug 9, 2005, at 22:10, Hasan Khalil wrote: > >> To all interested: >> >> I've gone through and reworked[1] significant portions of the >> 'Gentoo For Mac OS X Installation and Usage Guide' -- for those not >> familiar, that's our official guide[2] available in the >> docs section. I have also made a patch[3] as well as the full source >> [4] of the updated XML available. > > ... > >> [1] >> [2] >> [3] >> [4] > > Thanks for all your feedback, corrections, and additions, everybody. > All of the discussed changes should be reflected in the latest HTML/ > XML/diff by now (same locations as above). Please let me know if I've > missed something, or if anyone has anything extra to add before we > send in this revision (version 1.7) to the official Gentoo > documentation team. > > Thanks again for all your help; couldn't do it without you. > > -- > > Hasan Khalil > eBuild and Porting Co-Lead > Gentoo for Mac OS X > >
-- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] Re: Documentation Update Hasan Khalil <gongloo@g.o>