From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] More prefixed ebuilds
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:13:48
1 On 24-04-2006 22:20:26 -0700, Christopher Chan wrote:
2 > That sounds good Kito. I don't know if it had been discussed before, but I
3 > was thinking it might be a good idea to create a prefix.eclass that can
4 > share a set of functions. One function I was thinking of was to prepend the
5 > EPREFIX, and have a smart enough to not add it if it already existed. It
6 > seems like much of the work is figuring out where to add and where not to
7 > add. It could give some sort of warning if the prefix was already there so
8 > we know about it, yet does not break to build.
9
10 Maybe you can make the first version of $(prefix [package]) function in
11 that case. It should return the prefix that was used when installing
12 package, or when no package given, the default prefix, so it can be used
13 also in --with-xxxxx=$(prefix xxxxxx)/usr/bin/xxxxxx or something.
14
15 There has been some discussions on this issue on this list before. Not
16 sure if I reword the idea correctly.
20 Fabian Groffen
21 Gentoo for Mac OS X Project
22 --