From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] More prefixed ebuilds
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 07:13:48
On 24-04-2006 22:20:26 -0700, Christopher Chan wrote:
> That sounds good Kito. I don't know if it had been discussed before, but I > was thinking it might be a good idea to create a prefix.eclass that can > share a set of functions. One function I was thinking of was to prepend the > EPREFIX, and have a smart enough to not add it if it already existed. It > seems like much of the work is figuring out where to add and where not to > add. It could give some sort of warning if the prefix was already there so > we know about it, yet does not break to build.
Maybe you can make the first version of $(prefix [package]) function in that case. It should return the prefix that was used when installing package, or when no package given, the default prefix, so it can be used also in --with-xxxxx=$(prefix xxxxxx)/usr/bin/xxxxxx or something. There has been some discussions on this issue on this list before. Not sure if I reword the idea correctly. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list