From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] status update for this week
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 21:11:15
Thanks all for the support.  I'm very happy to be able to tell that I
was able to emerge system on my OSX box (ppc) as well.  I bumped the
apple-gcc to the latest version (not even in Tiger) and applied some
patches here and there.  Most of it just worked.  I updated the wiki
that the perl issue is no longer there.  At least, it worked for me with
the latest versions and stuff.

At the moment Vim 7 compilation is smoking my CPU, which is a nice sign
that prefix works!
I'm very very interested to see if we can get this prefix stuff to work
on x86-macos too.  It would require some keywording, but in principle
not too much hassle, I'd say.  Unfortunately I don't have an x86 OSX
box, so you'll have to help me there.

-- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list