From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Gentoo-OSX and Mac system / frameworks
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 22:49:26
1 On Feb 1, 2006, at 4:06 PM, Dirk Schönberger wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > would it be possible / feasible, that Gentoo creates and uses
6 > Frameworks for
7 > its libraries?
8
9 Its possible, feasible and highly desired! Has been on my TODO list
10 for over a year now.....
11
12 Probably just be done as an eclass with the appropriate function
13 being called with a USE flag conditional in pkg_postinst(). Aside
14 from shuffling the files in ${D} around to match the framework
15 directory structure, you would also scan all shared libs with otool
16 (1) to check that install_names are set correctly, and set them with
17 install_name_tool(1) if they are not.
18
19 Of course this would only be needed for packages that don't support
20 frameworks natively... for instance Python and SDL both have upstream
21 framework build targets already.
25 > Or am I in the wrong project alltogether? ;)
28 I dunno, lets see your patches for this feature and we'll go from
29 there ;)
32 --Kito
33
34 kito@g.o