From: "Dirk Schönberger" <dirk.schoenberger@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] New document: Project targets
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:11:38
1 Hi,
2 I am still playing around with my idea on a chroot / unionfs based Gentoo
3 MacOSX which should not need prefixes.
4
5 How stores Gentoo its installed packages? Can I keep in sync two lists in
6 a overlay based approach, or do I have to do manual synchronization?
7
8 The problem is that in an overlay based system a file in the second folder
9 overshadows a file in the first folder. So if Gentoo keeps a file based
10 database of packages, I either have to synchronize myelf, or I could keep
11 a "clean" MacOSX file system, and overlay a pure "Gentoo" system.
12 If Gentoo uses a folder based approach, I think a mixed file system would
13 be possible.
14
15 Regards
16 Dirk