From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] PREFIX on Cygwin
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:58:28
On 13-06-2006 11:47:35 -0700, Nimish Pachapurkar wrote:
> Thanks for offering help. Here are some of my problems: > > 1. First of all under cygwin, any path that has two slashes at the > beginning is treated as a network path. So the seemingly harmless > "root + portage_consts.EPREFIX" thingy fails with error message "No > such hostname or network path: //opt/cyg-prefix". I worked around that > by changing root from "/" to "/cygdrive/c/cygwin_root".
I think that workaround is reasonable. However double slashes should have been tackled already sometime... ? Anyone know anything about that?
> 2. Secondly, emerge is not able to generate dependency cache for the > system. I have two overlays in my tree and all I can see under > var/cache/edb is those two empty directories (plus the normal base > portage one). When I run emerge with --debug and --regen options, I > get this error for each ebuild file in the tree: > aug_get(): (0) Error in sys-devel/gcc-config-1.3.12-r4.ebuild (1) > Check for syntax error or corruption in the ebuild
What trees do you use? I'm not entirely sure, but I think this error can mean that you don't have EAPI="prefix" in your ebuild. But I may be very well mistaken. I've seen the error myself before, that's for sure. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] PREFIX on Cygwin Nimish Pachapurkar <npac@×××××××××××.com>