From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] on stable and unstable ppc-macos
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:37:04
Finn Thain wrote:
> > On Sat, 3 Sep 2005, Nick Dimiduk wrote: > >> Grobian wrote: >> >> If it was called something like # ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~arch" emerge foo/bar >> then for that run or portage, the system _is_ an ~arch system, meaning >> all deps will be pulled from ~arch.
FYI: ^^^ this is *not* my quote
> See, Grobian said that an all ~ppc-macos system may not have encountered > the bug, which could only mean that mediawiki was keyworded ~ppc-macos > even though its DEPEND was not complete enough to pull in all the required > deps from ~ppc-macos.
The problem is happening for real at there baselayout is necessary. However, baselayout is only pulled in the initial "emerge system" if you use ACCEPT_KEYWORD="~ppc-macos". Hence, I can't compile, because QTDIR is not set for me, while someone having a complete ~ppc-macos system can. Portage won't pull the dependency of baselayout for a reason I think, but the particular problem sheds this light on the whole problem of how to test what on which system. I still think that I either shouldn't have been able to emerge QT or that "emerge system" should provide the same base for {,~}ppc-macos, since portage doesn't pull these packages because they are never depended on. I think you cannot sell a WONTFIX/REJECTED/INVALID to a user that emerged unstable QT and doxygen on a stable profile. But people may disagree with me here. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] on stable and unstable ppc-macos Lina Pezzella <J4rg0n@g.o>