From: Finn Thain <fthain@××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] sci-biology stable requests
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 09:17:39
On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, Grobian wrote:

> Because an older package is stable, we are somehow forced to continue > stabling newer packages if requested either via a stabling request or > security issue. In the first case we have to stable to allow older > ebuilds to be cleaned up, in the second we have to table in order to > take advantage of the security advisory. See the "Ruby issue" email for > how to deal with packages that obviously noone knows what to do with. > > > Sorry if I somehow missed an e-mail detailing this; > > You haven't, it was in my initial proposal. You trigger me to put this > somewhere on the web for reference.
I think you are referring to this proposal? "I propose to keep the following keywording rules for whatever we do from now: 1) only keyword new packages ~ppc-macos; don't stable them after a month 2) only stable new ebuilds if this is required by security stuff and we have an older ebuild that is stable" Maybe you can add, 3) if need be, a non-system package may be stabled, even if it has collisions. and then add autoconf-2.59 to the Panther base system for the progressive profile, and mask ruby from the Panther conservative profile. -f -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] sci-biology stable requests Grobian <grobian@g.o>