From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] xorg-x11
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:27:48
1 On Oct 12, 2005, at 6:43 AM, Grobian wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 09:12:29PM +1000, Finn Thain wrote:
4 >
5 >>> Where are the docs, howtos, dos and dont's?!? :p
6
7 wiki HOWTOS only at this point, no point in making official docs for
8 things that are in flux IMHO.
9
10 >>>
11 >>
12 >> This is Kito's work (I haven't tried it myself...)
13 >>
14 >> http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Panther_Chroot
15
16 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Gentoo_on_MAC_OSX_Bootstrap is probably
17 more useful.
18
19 Talks a little about the $PORTDIR/scripts/bootstrap-darwin.sh script,
20 which can automate the process of spitting out a chroot, as well as
21 boostrap both standard and progressive machines. I have some local
22 updates for better Tiger compatibility and clean up etc, just need to
23 test them a little more before I commit them. Any help is welcome.
24
25 --Kito
28 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list