From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] PREFIX the next generation...
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:39:39
1 On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 14:49 -0800, m h wrote:
2 > I'm basically at the same state with Haubi's toolsbox and your method.
3 > After chatting with Kito I'm also thinking about sticking with
4 > toolsbox. (Since it is pretty generic and should run on most any
5 > unix). Kito also helped explain the next steps with seem to be coming
6 > up with virtuals/package.provided for (taken from emerge info):
7 > dev-lang/python: [Not Present]
8 > sys-apps/sandbox: [Not Present]
9 > sys-devel/autoconf: [Not Present]
10 > sys-devel/automake: [Not Present]
11 > sys-devel/binutils: [Not Present]
12 > sys-devel/libtool: [Not Present]
13 > sys-devel/odcctools: [Not Present]
14 > virtual/os-headers: [Not Present]
15 >
16 > Haubi- How did you deal with this in your 2.1 tree?
17
18 Hmm, don't know what you did, but i've installed these things using
19 portage. IIRC portage reads those versions from its database, not
20 querying the package's executables found in PATH or the like.
21
22 My 'emerge --info' output is attached.
23
24 ~haubi

emerge-info text/plain