From: Hasan Khalil <gongloo@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] Taking a break
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 18:51:35
We feel as though it's a good time to take a break from the project
for a bit. As such, we'll not be responsive on this list, IRC, etc.
for some time. Should anyone need to contact us urgently, we will
still (kinda) check our e-mail, so just e-mail us directly (and flag
the message as 'important' or throw 'URGENT' in the subject line).

We also won't be handling any more of the administrative work for the
project that we have been in the past. Someone (or the entire rest of
the team) should probably pick up the slack, although there's
obviously nobody to enforce that. It's not something that we terribly
enjoy, and goes more or less unappreciated. Like everyone else, upon
return, we'll fall back to going after personal goals within the
project that happen to interest us.

Should the consensus on arch testers (or whatever you want to call
people who test unstable/unkeyworded packages and provide proper bug
reports, etc.) change, someone should let Mike (shootingstar), as I
think that all of us agree that he's a wonderful candidate as an arch
tester and future dev.

We have asked devrel to remove the recruitment message, as we won't
be managing recruitment anymore.

We're not leaving the project just yet. Again, we just feel it's a
good time for us to take a bit of a breather.

Thanks.

--

Hasan Khalil && Lina Pezzella
eBuild and Porting Co-Leads