From: Nathan <nathan.stocks@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] New document: Project targets
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:43:40
1 On 12/14/05, Grobian <grobian@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 14-12-2005 22:29:36 +0100, Dirk Schnberger wrote:
3 > > > > Further on, I think Gentoo is more than a stand alone system, because it
4 > > > > installs other standalone applications.
5 > > > > This seems to be some mismatch.
6 > >
7 > > > I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
8 > >
9 > > If I underood this correctly, the idea is to use /Library/Gentoo as a prefix
10 > > for the prospective prefixed install.
11 > > But the packages which should be installed don't really belong to Gentoo, it
12 > > merely works as some kind of installer.
13 > > So I don't think /Library/Gentoo is really appropriate.
14 >
15 > Ok.
16 > To be honest, I don't really care about the name, but I don't feel like
17 > having huge discussions about it either. We just chose something more
18 > sexy than /sw. Besides that, having chosen a default, doesn't mean you
19 > need to use it. We could name it like
20 > /Library/GentooPortageInstalledPackages, but that really looks ugly in
21 > your paths. Luckly there is shell completion, but it still is a bit too
22 > ugly to me.
23 > Finally, this is just a minor side issue, that I feel is completely
24 > irrelevant regarding the state of the project.
25
26 Amen.
29 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list