From: "Dirk Schönberger" <dirk.schoenberger@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] prefix ebuild's api suggestion
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:40:18
1 > That's getting into interdomain crap; current intentions (and they're
2 > just intentions since I haven't yet written any interdomain code) is
3 > that you define the domain you wish to manage; this includes a PREFIX
4 > definition.
5
6 So if I understand you correctly, the plan is to make "prefix" work first
7 and add "domain" / "resolver" later?
8 The problem is that I see that adding a "resolver" layer (which would need
9 to work at runtime, on a local system)
10 would not only break portage, but instead any emerged package.
11
12 > During resolution, that domain reaches up to the parent
13 > domain (PREFIX=/), and queries it for what's available and where;
14 > that's how it would handle satisfying a python dep when you're
15 > targetted prefix is home (fex).
16
17 Is this parent-child relationship really needed? Would it be possible /
18 feasible to
19 do a pure parallel relationship. I.e. You have PREFIXES=/gentoo1:/gentoo2
20 Or a reverse parent-child relationship, i.e PREFIXES=/gentoo:/
21
22 Regards
23 Dirk
26 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list