From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] The road ahead?
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:16:43
1 On Oct 30, 2005, at 10:49 am, Grobian wrote:
2 >
3 > 2. Get a prefixed install to make Gentoo for OSX comparative to Fink
4 > and
5 > Darwin Ports, and quality wise go beyond.
6
7 As a Gentoo Linux and a Macintosh user this is very very important to
8 me - I think you hit the nail on the head.
9
10 Being familiar with Portage I didn't like Fink much when I used it;
11 there are CLI utilities that I miss on OS X and I'd install Gentoo-OSX
12 in a flash if I thought it was reasonably usable, but IMO the prefixed
13 install is essential for gaining user confidence (particularly
14 considering the caution of the average Mac user!).
15
16 > Having more keyworded in portage prepares us a bit for the grand "Fink
17 > challenge" too.
18
19 Good luck with that. Ulitmately I'd like to see Gentoo-OSX slay Fink
20 mercilessly & with gushing blood.
21
22 Stroller.
25 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list