From: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 13:37:17

this is one reason why i never stopped using my toolsbox to bootstrap
portage: it creates environment-scripts, besides others containing those
LD_LIBRARY_PATH bits. And well, this is called SHLIB_PATH on HP-UX and

And for the running portage, i've some patches to let portage
dynamically extend the list of extendable variables with values
from /etc/env.d/ files.
In combination with some baselayout-packages, which do those
configuration through /etc/env.d/, i'm able to inform portage to dupe
depending on the profile, which unmask the correct baselayout for a
specific platform.

Patches/ebuilds coming soon ...

-- haubi

-- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list