From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Current status
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:21:53
On 30. Jul 2005, at 20:33 Uhr, Hasan Khalil wrote:

>> Is there still something goin on? This ML seems to be very quiet. > > There is definitely stuff going on! Unfortunately, not much is > documented. Assuming that you want to stay on top of more than just > what new packages have been keyworded (you can use the great services > at or the like for that), There are two > ways to keep track of the project status.
My problem always was, i felt a bit uncomfortable with gentoo changing my OS X files. For example have used gnat for OS X as an external package, not from gentoo, which changed my gcc 3.3 that came with OS X and that demaged my gcc, it took very long to find out why some things did not compile. so i like the fink solution, to have an extra directory, which i can simply remove if i don't like it anymore or that i can simply change my PATH to have an origial OS X environment. Some time ago there was a discussion about those things, which way gentoo-osx should go, what to do and so. What about this discussion? Is the extra directory for gentoo-osx definetly dead and will not be used? Or are the changes to portage that would be neccessary to difficult? Thanks, Philipp -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] Current status Hasan Khalil <gongloo@g.o>