From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] PREFIX the next generation...
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 10:35:35
1 I saw your checkin, thanks.
2
3 It was easily solveable though. I'm not running as root, but my
4 PORT_LOGDIR pointed to $(PREFIX)/var/log/portage (absolute path),
5 however, I didn't have the directory $(PREFIX)/var/log. It died
6 actually because it expected the log dir to be there (and probably the
7 var dir too). When I created the dir, it worked like a charm.
8
9 Maybe this is easily catchable too to make the error message somewhat
10 less confusing. However, I assume this normally doesn't/shouldn't
11 happen, so it's only minor.