From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] PREFIX the next generation...
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:19:29
1 On Dec 20, 2005, at 2:11 PM, m h wrote:
2
3 > No, that doesn't work. I've looked through the code of portage and
4 > the portage.root value is hardcoded in some places as "/"....
5
6 ROOT=/ is correct. If it was set to anything else you would get
7 packages merged to /${ROOT}/${PREFIX}
8
9 The caveat in this is we cheat in the prefix by hacking etc/portage/
10 bashrc to automatically append $PREFIX to maintain compatibility with
11 the countless ebuilds that do things in src_install() like `if [[ -e $
12 {ROOT}/usr/bin ]]; then foo bar;fi;
13
14 I think your errors are from a malformed make.conf. Its not picking
15 up things like DISTDIR.
16
17 ---Kito
18 --