From: Nathan <nathan.stocks@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] Starting on OS X...
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 21:11:39

Ok, so I started on at the very
top of the page.  I downloaded
and then configured and installed portage in ~/gentoo, and then the
page sort of drops off.

Running ~/gentoo/usr/bin/emerge gives:

>>> //Users/nathan/gentoo/tmp doesn't exist, creating it... >>> //Users/nathan/gentoo/var/tmp doesn't exist, creating it... >>> //Users/nathan/gentoo/var/lib doesn't exist, creating it...
!!! Problem with sandbox binary. Disabling... --- 'profiles/updates' is empty or not available. Empty portage tree? emerge: wheel group use is being deprecated. Please update group and passwd to include the portage user as noted above, and then use group portage. !!! ARCH is not set... Are you missing the /etc/make.profile symlink? !!! Is the symlink correct? Is your portage tree complete? <><><><> Then, further down on the page there's an "OSX quick bootstrap (experimental)" section. It starts off with "First, find the bootstrap script and let it install portage." Elsewhere on the page it says "Bootstrapping is done using a bootstrap script in ${PORTDIR}/scripts/" <-- but theres no anywhere in my ~/gentoo <><><><> What next? ~ Nathan -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] Starting on OS X... Grobian <grobian@g.o>