From: Jesse Jacobs <jesse@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-performance@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] tmpfs Questions
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 13:01:47
Hello Again,
Sorry bout the cut n' paste. But another question.
I've read about a deadlock condition.
What would constitute a oversive tmpfs?
I thought anything unable to be allocated would be paged out to swap.
Thanks again,

Hello MAL,
I found what I needed.
One more question,
What would be the max size of /var/tmp?
ie. when building openoffice would ram(512) + 4GB swap suffice?
Thanks again,

MAL said:
> Jesse Jacobs wrote: >> Hello All, >> >> I've been having probs with a tmpfs mount of /var/tmp. >> >> When merging a large pkg, The device runs outta space. Killin the >> build. >> >> Question One: >> How do I allow/adjust the alloted size? >> I've read that tmpfs is dynamically adjustable. >> >> Question Two: >> What mount options does tmpfs support? >> i.e. quotas,nosuid,noatime,nodev,noexec(another's I've not mentioned : >> ) ) > > man mount > /tmpfs > n > > MAL >
-- gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-performance] tmpfs Questions MAL <mal@×××××××.com>