From: Joshua Moore-Oliva <josh@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-performance] KDE apps just started S L O W I N G down for no reason...
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 17:20:37
Yesterday, after no changs to my system when I started up KDE it took aaggess
to load the restored session and it takes ages to start applications...

I'm on a 1.6Ghz P4, 512MB DDR RAM, 64MB ATI Mobility

It used to take 1-2 seconds to open Konsole, now it takes 7-10 seconds...
during that time the panel freezes.

Same goes for my other apps...  Kate, Konqueror...

The only difference is xmms..  it loads fast but when I press play it takes
about 10 seconds before it starts playing...

However, once my KDE apps are running they perform normally..

Any idea what could be bogging down my system?  I didn't do any new emerges or
change any settings as far as I know...

I did however disable xinerama and move to a single screen setup since I no
longer have a second monitor attached to my laptop..  but that shouldn't
cause the problems I am experiencing I don't think....