From: "CRV§ADER//KY" <crusaderky@××××××.it>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] How is it possible ???
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:37:45
On Monday 28 June 2004 21:25, Andrea Pretto wrote:
> The situation does not improve.... > The ram usage and the speed are the same.... > > If I use -mcpu=i686 instead of -march=athlon-xp ?? > What will change???
Your performance will suck MUCH more. I don't think it's a compiler's optimization issue. It may be 1)some application sucking resources 2)different app versions 3)closed source drivers (NVIDIA etc.) 4)kernel configuration (just enabling-disabling full preemption changes a LOT -- in a better or worse way, it depends on you kernel. with mine I wasn't able to burn any CDs with preemption on....) -- [] Guido Imperiale [] CRV§ADER//KY [] CVI.SCIENTIA.IMPERIVM crusaderky at libero dot it "Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est" (Knowledge is Power) -- Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626) Meditationes Sacrae, de Haeresibus "The Net treats censorship as damage and routes around it." -- John Gilmore "I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say: 'Daddy, where were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'" -- Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation -- gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list