From: trap <trapasak@×××××.cz>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] Resources for Gentoo Desktop Performance Tuning
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 08:08:21
1 Guillermo Ramhorst wrote:
2 > Hi Gentooers. I've been playing around with Gentoo for a while, and now
3 > comes the time to tune up things a bit, as my k6-2 500mhz cpu and 256mb
4 > RAM are getting a bit slowy. I 've emerged gnome (which I no longer use
5 > except for some icons and perhaps a couple of utilities), xfce4 and
6 > icewm. The last 2 of which I'm playing with, along with ROX for file
7 > management and desktop (pinboard).
8 > I would like to know about pointers to guides, hints & tips on how to
9 > tailor a Gentoo system the improve performance (e.g. what processes to
10 > comment out, USE flags, file system issues, etc etc). Oh, forgot to
11 > mention I'm using ReiserFS 3 fs's except /boot which is ext2.
12 > Any help will be appreciated.
13 > Thanks in advance!!!
14 > Willy.
15
16 For performance of window managers try to look at:
17
18 http://www.rasterman.com/index.php?page=News
19 http://darkshed.net/files/misc/wm_benchmarks.txt
22 Trap