From: Andrea Pretto <prettz_it@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] gcc optimizations
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 09:17:54
Gcc cannot to preview the contents of  "if{ ... }".
In this case there is a single instruction, but in
others cases the if  statement can contain a lot of
The I think gcc deals the "if" mechanically, and it
don't look for particular "if" with one istruction as
in your example.

After that, there is not a flag or a special
opitmization that favourite use of cmov in asm code,
cmov it's only a instruction.Than you can use it
"manually" in inline assembler.