From: Antoine Raillon <antoine.raillon@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] preformance problem
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:15:13
1 On Ven 15 octobre 2004 15:09, Istvan Soos a écrit :
2
3 > - emerged a system from stage3
4
5 Stage 3, so your system is not fully compiled and thus not fully
6 optimised, however it should not impact your disk I/O ;p
7
8 > - kernel with preemptive
9 > - emerged kde 3.3.1 (not full yet, but using)
10 > - prelink
11
12 Preemptive have pro and contra, but should not directly inferfer with disk
13 I/O too. Prelink has probably nothing to do with that too..
14
15 > Any suggestion?
16
17 *IF* you're sure this is a disk problem, the first thing you should check
18 is an hdparm -tT /dev/yourdisk, then check if DMA is enabled, and/or if
19 hdparm is configured to start at bootup.
20
21 Good luck ;)
24 Antoine Raillon <antoine.raillon@××××××.net>
28 gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list