From: Bart Alewijnse <scarfboy@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] swap?
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 13:52:25
But, unless I've not been paying enough attention, you haven't given
the output of 'free' under these conditions; that would help people
here in seeing what's wrong, or at least be more informative about
what's happening. (who knows, perhaps a 'cat /proc/meminfo' or vmstat
would too)
Other information like the kernel and indeed processes under these
conditions (run top, sort by cpu and mem and see if there's something
dealing badly with memory and swap - java for one can combines
horribly with I believe any OS'es swap, for example, but that
shouldn't noticeable show down anything else)

--Bart Alewijnse