From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] Horrible performance
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:04:23
Mansour Moufid writes:

> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org> > wrote:
> Just a thought: why -ggdb in your CFLAGS? If you have >=gcc-4.2, try: > > CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
I just added this some days ago in order to give debug information for a a bug in strigi I had reported. I forgot to take it out, but so far only few packages were compiled with this setting. But thanks for mentioning this, I removed the debug setting now. But should it matter? Optimization still happens. And when these interrupts hapen, the CPU is not at 100%. I do not use march=native because I sometimes use another host with distcc. Wonko

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-performance] Horrible performance Mansour Moufid <mansourmoufid@×××××.com>