From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-performance@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] active list
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 13:00:56
1 On Fri July 4 2003 7:59 am, eNTi wrote:
2 > i once posted a question and it wasn't answered in any useful way, so i
3 > never wrote anything again. to be honest, most performance questions are
4 > either not really interesting in terms of speed or are much too
5 > complicated for even computer science students like me :).
8 There are people on the list (as you can see) but this is meant to be a
9 technical list... it exists with the same goal in mind as FreeBSD's
10 performance mailing list. It's for people who have software engineering
11 experience (typically in C) for sorting out performance issues with others
12 of a similar background.
13
14 However, I doubt it will ever be very active as long as gentoo-dev exists.
15 Someday I expect that we will dump the gentoo-dev list and break it out
16 into more specific channels such as this.
17
18 Best regards,
19 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]
20 Developer, Java Lead -- Gentoo Linux