From: "Christopher Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] gentoo-performance
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 06:04:16
8 darren kirby wrote:
quoth the Jeremy Brake:
How about speeding up the wait time on updating the portage cache after
14 a sync.. even on my AMD 64 3500 it takes a number of minutes to chug
15 through..
16 are there any known ways to "vrrmmm" this up a little?
20 +1
21
22 Mine sped up for all of a day, but is slow as molasses once again. If I did my
23 syncs during the day it might even peeve me...
26 What kind of hardware are you guys running on?  My laptop isn't on cron
27 and I do it every couple days or so and it finishes in around 15-30
28 minutes.. I've never really paid any attention.. How long is yours
29 taking?
30
31 What I am curious about is... what's it really doing when it says
32 51-52%.. That 1% seems to take forever..
33
34 C.
38 gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list