From: lnxg33k <lnxg33k@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] gentoo-performance
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 05:28:57
Jeremy Brake wrote:
> How about speeding up the wait time on updating the portage cache after > a sync.. even on my AMD 64 3500 it takes a number of minutes to chug > through.. > are there any known ways to "vrrmmm" this up a little? > > Jeremy
Although not exactly what you're asking, you might want to look at RSYNC_EXCLUDEFORM. Cuts down on what is checked during rsync. I assume that this could also cut down on the cache update time since there would be less to check? Also cuts down on the amount of space eaten up by portage. -- gentoo-performance@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-performance] gentoo-performance Michael Liesenfelt <mliesenf@×××××××××.edu>