From: Colin Kingsley <ckingsley@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] swap?
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 02:42:06
1 As far as I know, your system should be stable. The details of how
2 much memory/swap is used at any given moment probably depends on your
3 kernel, how much memory you have, etc.
4
5 Do you have any actual evidence of the slow down you mentioned? the
6 system should begin using swap when/if it needs to. it looks to me
7 like you discovered the "free" command and are seeing problems where
8 none exist.
9