From: lukas <lukas@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] swap?
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 16:25:34
1 On Friday 30 July 2004 16:59, Gyujin Park wrote:
2
3 > I've recently switched to Gentoo, and the server was running fine
4 > until there was a problem with SWAP.
5 >
6 > Gentoo Server Performance decreased and of course Physical Memory was
7 > high and warning was sent to root, me.
8 >
9 > I've correctly mkswap /dev/hda2
10 > and correctly swapon -a
11 >
12 > However, it gives me resource busy.
13 >
14 > Also, when I do
15 >
16 > free
17 >
18 > it shows no swap is used even though physical memory level is 98%.
19
20 Have you made an entry for the swapspace in your /etc/fstab?
21
22 /dev/hda2 none swap sw 0 0
23
24 > Of course, the system gets unstable and forces me to shutdown some
25 > services, which brings down to about 95%.
26 > Why doesn't Gentoo utilitze swap?
27
28 I never had any problems with swapspace and gentoo.
29
30 > also, I'm only running mysql, http, vsftpd.
31 > What is the problem with Gentoo performance, whenever I add people
32 > and put a quota on, and restart quota service? The it eats Memory.
33
34 I don't know. I never used quota on gentoo.
35
36 cu
37
38 lukas